Sunday, December 14, 2014

Minecraft finally arrives on Windows Phone

                Pocket Edition is available now for £4.99 for handsets and tablets running Windows Phone 8.1.It is the first time the game has been available for the platform, and means it can now be played on all the major phone operating systems.  

                 Minecraft founder Markus Persson sold the hugely-popular game to Microsoft in September, in a deal that was said to be worth $2.5 billion (£1.5 billion).
                  The Windows Phone version of the game includes all of Minecraft’s mobile features, including Survival mode, Creative mode and multiplayer features when being used on local Wi-Fi networks. 
                  A relatively long time ago, I decided to step down from Minecraft development.'Jens [Bergensten] was the perfect person to take over leading it, and I wanted to try to do new things.
                   'I was at home with a bad cold a couple of weeks ago when the internet exploded with hate against me over some kind of EULA situation that I had nothing to do with. I was confused. I didn’t understand. I tweeted this in frustration.
                   'I’m not an entrepreneur. I’m not a CEO. I’m a nerdy computer programmer who likes to have opinions on Twitter.
                    'As soon as this deal is finalised, I will leave Mojang and go back to doing Ludum Dares and small web experiments.
                   'Considering the public image of me already is a bit skewed, I don’t expect to get away from negative comments by doing this, but at least now I won’t feel a responsibility to read them.
                     'I’m aware this goes against a lot of what I’ve said in public. I have no good response to that.
                       'I love you. All of you. Thank you for turning Minecraft into what it has become, but there are too many of you, and I can’t be responsible for something this big.

No comments:

Post a Comment