Saturday, October 4, 2014

Child marriage is still common in South Asia

Cried a lot on the ...
         According to a recent report by the United Nations Child marriage is still common in South Asia. In Pakistan, nearly 25 percent of women are married at the age of 18.
         Take the example of Reshma. Reshma's been 29 years now Shumaila Jaffery told the BBC that the situation in which he had to marry her cousin and that too at the age of only 13.
         Reshma says, "When I was in fifth grade reader. Been Cudwa my school., My mother told me that my marriage is going to happen., I cried a lot, but nobody cared for me."
         Reshma says, "My mother said if I would not marry the issue at home and will increase." Reshma in countless cases of forced marriage in Pakistan is an example.Johi village, the practice is centuries of local Hindus and Muslims.But under the new law, yet not a single person has been convicted.
The effect of the new law
         Maulvi Mohammad Amin's family last three Pdion Johi's family is getting married. Mohammed Amin, the new law says that the new procedure is applied for after the wedding.Amin says, "I now say to the bride and groom to show ID. Both must be 18 years old."
         Sujak cranny theater district villages awareness of child marriages last five years to put in effort.
         Masood also joined the theater group believe that the environment has changed now. He says, "where we were before, we would protest. They believed that it is part of their rituals."But now that she is told to do so, he could be sentenced, so he does not oppose us.

No comments:

Post a Comment